HOW TO GET RID OF USED COFFEE GROUNDS?
- HOW TO GET RID OF USED COFFEE GROUNDS?
You’re probably thinking, “I know how to get rid of coffee grounds. I just throw them in the garbage disposal!” But did you know that throwing away your used coffee grounds can lead to a clogged drain?
Coffee is delicious and it makes us feel great, but we don’t always think about what happens after we drink it. The good news is that there are some easy ways to get rid of those pesky coffee grounds so they don’t end up causing a clog in your sink or disposal. Here’s how…
If you’re looking for an easy way to remove the used coffee from your filter without having to worry about disposing of them properly, then this article is for you! We’ll show you how to get rid of used coffee grounds by showing you alternatives. We will also tell you how you can unclog your drains.
Read on for more information ;)! This can make your life a lot easier!
WHY SHOULD YOU GET RID OF COFFEE GROUNDS?
Coffee grounds can be a real pain in the ass if you don’t remove them thoroughly.
Coffee makers can become moldy and decrease your future cups of coffee if you don’t clean them regularly and fully. Never go easy on this task. You don’t want to have some bacteria ruin your coffee experience or health. Go and create yourself a good habit for cleaning regularly.
7 GREAT WAYS TO GET RID OF YOUR COFFEE GROUNDS
To avoid putting them in the garbage disposal or the sink, we provide you with some handy alternatives that can make your life easier around the house:
- Repel cats: You can repel cats from your garden by using coffee grounds and pieces of orange peels. The smell of coffee grounds and orange peels will keep them away from pooping or shitting in your garden.
- Fertilizer: You may not know this, but coffee grounds are a great addition to your garden. They’re rich in nitrogen and worms love them! Not only that–the minerals found within used coffee beans (such as potassium) can help fertilize plants too. So adding these “used” parts of the bean will make sure you have healthy soil for years ahead. Of course, you must repeat this regularly.
- Hair product: you can use your used coffee grounds for your hair. When you rinse thoroughly, your hair will shine more. The caffeine in the used grounds can also enhance growth and prevent hair loss.
- Body or face scrub: Coffee grounds are a great alternative if you want to exfoliate your skin! They have a rough sandy texture, that makes it great to remove dead skin and let your skin look more healthy. You can make scrub when combining coffee grounds with natural oil and brown sugar, both should be 1/3rd the amount of the coffee grounds.
- Keep it fresh in there: Coffee beans are great at holding onto smells, so it’s important to keep them sealed up in a coffee bag. Otherwise, your coffee beans won’t be very fresh, you don’t want that when you want a great cup of coffee! When you put your used grounds into an empty jar and place it in your fridge, it will help smelling this freshly in your fridge.
- Bug repeller: When you open the bag of coffee grounds, they smell really lovely, but not everyone is a huge fan of this aroma! You can use coffee grounds and place them where you don’t want ants in your house. They don’t stand the strong smell and will help to keep them off.
- Kitchen scrubber: When coffee grounds are added to the sink, they can make your kitchen smell better and remove the film from soap scum. Pour them into the trash disposal for an even more freshened-up aroma!
HOW DO YOU DISPOSE OF COFFEE GROUNDS?
You can use them for doing small tasks in your house and life. In this post we’ve described 7 uses for them: repelling cats from your garden, using it as a fertilizer in your garden, a hair product to let your hair shine more, use as a body or face scrub, and removing dead skin cells to improve your skin, to keep your fridge fresh (smells), repel ants in your house and use it to scrub in your kitchen.
IS IT OK TO WASH COFFEE GROUNDS DOWN THE DRAIN?
It depends. Normally no. Don’t dump them in the drain. However, if used in very small quantities in the combination with dish soap and boiling water, they can clean things up. If used in too large quantities, they can clog up and do a lot of damage. Pay attention to this, these problems can cost you quite some money.
HOW DO YOU DISPOSE OF COFFEE GROUNDS IN A FRENCH PRESS?
You pour some water in the French Press and pour it all out in the filter. You can simply dump them in your trash bin or use one of many alternatives. If you use a paper filter, you can put them in your compost heap as everything will be dissolved, improving nature. You can even grow mushrooms out of them.
CAN USED COFFEE GROUNDS BE USED FOR ANYTHING?
Yes, you can give a second life to your coffee grounds around your h. In this post we’ve described 7 uses for them: repelling cats from your garden, using it as a fertilizer in your garden, a hair product to let your hair shine more, use as a body or face scrub, and removing dead skin cells to improve your skin, to keep your fridge fresh (smells), repel ants in your house and use it to scrub in your kitchen.
We all know how easy it is to enjoy a cup of coffee and how we take for granted the difficulty in getting rid of the used coffee grounds. But, there are ways that you can dispose of them without having to live with constant clogs!
Here are some tips on removing coffee grounds from your garbage disposal so you don’t have to worry about replacing them anytime soon. We hope you like them and they contribute to an even greater coffee journey!
As always, enjoy your coffee!