What is nitro cold brew coffee exactly?
- What is nitro cold brew coffee exactly?
- What is Nitro Cold Brew?
- What’s the difference between Nitro Cold Brew and regular coffee?
- History of nitro cold brew?
- Why is nitro cold brew so popular?
- Do you need to add sweeteners to nitrogen cold brew coffee?
- Is using nitrogen healthy at all?
- Is nitro cold brew coffee bad for you?
- Is nitro cold brew stronger than a regular cold brew?
- What’s so special about nitro cold brew?
Have you ever tried a nitro cold brew at Starbucks? I get it, you were blown away by that experience and want to brew one yourself at home? We’re here to provide you some information about nitro cold brew coffee!
Nitro coffee is one of the most popular beverages in today’s market, and for good reason! It offers a smooth taste that feels like drinking a creamy milkshake with every sip. The only problem is that making this drink yourself requires pricey equipment and an airtight container to store it in. This makes enjoying your own nitro cold brew more trouble than it’s worth!
Read on for more information about what nitrogen cold brew coffee is and how you can make it at home.
What is Nitro Cold Brew?
Nitro cold brew is a type of coffee that has gained popularity in recent years Nitrogen-infused cold brew results in an ultra-creamy, frothy delight to enjoy! Nitro cold brew is not just for coffee shops anymore—you can make this beverage at home with ease. Here are the basics of nitro cold brew, how to make it at home, and some facts about its popularity.
What’s the difference between Nitro Cold Brew and regular coffee?
Nitro cold brew is a type of coffee, cold brew, that’s infused with nitrogen gas.
The process begins with the making of cold brew coffee, a process that can take up to twenty-four hours.
Though most beers and soft drinks are infused with carbon dioxide, nitrogen is occasionally used, for example in darker stouts, resulting in a smoother finish.
This is a direct effect of nitrogen bubbles being smaller in size than those of carbon dioxide, resulting in a beverage with a thicker mouthfeel.
There are a few differences:
- Nitrogen addition: the cold brew coffee is enriched with nitrogen and gives the coffee a smooth finish an creamier taste. Nitrogen bubbles are smaller in size when compared to carbon dioxide, this results in a beverage with a thicker mouthfeel.
- Lower in acidity: the addition of nitrogen makes it even more lower in acidity but in general: it’s because of the brewing method of cold brew. Cold brewing doesn’t involve heat. This is beneficial for a coffee that goes easy on your stomach. You can also buy coffee that’s low on acids.
- Higher caffeine: it requires less water to brew when compared to regular coffee.
- Healthier alternative: it’s marketed as a healthy alternative to regular coffee because of the fact it gives you a fuller experience. Because of this fuller taste, you don’t need to add sweeteners to the brew.
This process is used in other drinks as well: beer, soft drinks, and so on. With soft drinks or soda, it’s carbon dioxide.
So the Nitro cold brew coffee has a more smooth and creamy taste and is also low in acidity, as regular cold brew coffee.
History of nitro cold brew?
Nitro cold brew coffee was introduced somewhere in the 2010’s at third wave coffee shops. Companies like Cuvée and Stumptown started to sell and later on Starbucks. It’s becoming more and more popular.
There’s a lot of debate of who started first but we know that the drink is becoming more and more popular. Big coffee companies like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and Tim Hortons are selling it.
Why is nitro cold brew so popular?
There are various reasons that contribute to the popularity:
- Nitrogen is different as brewing method. The possibility of adding nitrogen is at least very intriguing and exciting.
- Lower acids: because of the cold brew brewing method, there are fewer acids in the coffee, making it easier for your stomach to digest it.
- Healthier alternative to regular coffee: it’s often marketed as a healthier alternative to regular coffee because of the fuller coffee experience. This requires less added sweeteners to the coffee.
- More caffeine: the higher amount of caffeine is also a pro for healthy lifestyles and improves your workouts. It’s an ideal fit to drink before working out.
- Quick to get: you just need to tap it and you can have your coffee!
- Cascading effect: nitro coffee cascades very well, this is something you don’t see often and because it’s not know, it’s very exciting and interesting to try it out right away.
Do you need to add sweeteners to nitrogen cold brew coffee?
No, that’s a personal decision. Nitro cold brew coffee is known to have a creamier and smoother taste because of the added nitrogen. Normally this should be enough but you can always add sweeteners like milk, syrups, honey and so on…
Because of the nitrogen, the coffee drinker has a more fuller taste because of the foam that consists of smaller bubbles. So the need for sweeteners is way less and that’s why it’s marketed as a great low calorie coffee alternative.
The nitrogen cold brew coffee has extra caffeine because it requires less water to brew.
Is using nitrogen healthy at all?
We’d say only watch the caffeine difference. For the rest, it’s quite the same as regular coffee on most things. Drinking coffee is not bad, of course if you consume it in normal portions or cups.
Since nitro cold brew has almost the exact same ingredients as regular coffee or cold brew, it is not bad for you. In fact, there are many proven health benefits of drinking coffee.
It’s been used for a long time in the beer world and has now made it’s way into the coffee world. It’s safe to drink.
Is nitro cold brew coffee bad for you?
As with most beverages and drinks, if you consume them in the right cups or sizes, you’ll be just fine. In fact, you’ll have an easier time brewing and you’ll have a coffee that’s lower on acids and calories because you don’t need to use sweeteners because of the fuller taste.
Is nitro cold brew stronger than a regular cold brew?
Yes, but it’s not simply because of the addition of nitrogen. Nitro cold brew is made with darker roasted beans to have darker flavors in your coffee. There are multiple factors that can influence the taste of a regular brew.
What’s so special about nitro cold brew?
It’s the addition of nitrogen gas. This improves the cold brew with small bubbles and leads to a creamier and fuller experience. Consuming this coffee satisfies your taste and desire and you don’t need to add sugar or other sweeteners to your brew.
Are you now ready to try nitrogen cold brew as a welcome change from cold brew? By doing this you can even a better workout or healthier alternative in the process with nitrogen cold brew.
It would be uncool to not try a cool product right 😉 (sorry couldn’t resist it).
Enjoy your coffee!